- Insurance Services
- Auto, Home & Personal Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Life & Health Insurance
Article originally posted on www.insuranceneighbor.com(opens in new tab)
Most companies offer their employees some benefits, but the quality of these packages can vary widely. Top-tier group benefits packages are ideal, as these benefits help attract and retain the best talent in your industry, making it more possible for your company to win the hiring game in a competitive market.
Retaining Top Talent – A Group Benefits Strategy that Works.
Some companies are in a position to offer a top-tier benefits package. Once the benefits package is in place, these companies can enjoy better employee retention numbers – many employees you rely on will stay with your enterprise, as they do not want to lose those benefits, even if another company recruiter or recruiting agency contacts them.
What Is in a Top Tier Benefits Package?
The best benefits packages provide much more than the standard set of benefits. These packages include:
- High-Quality Group Health Insurance: Rather than a basic plan, a more comprehensive healthcare plan with more options, such as the ability to see the medical providers they choose, alternative healthcare options above and beyond traditional medicine, along with dental and vision insurance, is far more appealing to employees than being forced to see only providers in a specific network, as or want to seek alternative care such as acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathic or naturopathic providers, massage, yoga, or other less traditional options.
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance: Your employees have families and may have concerns about what would happen in the event of being unable to work due to an illness or accident. Offering employees short and long-term disability insurance provides them with greater peace of mind.
- Retirement Plans: A retirement plan is among the most appreciated employee benefits. Employees and employers can fund these plans, and many allow for pre-tax investment, which can benefit everyone.
- Group 401k Plans: Investing in a 401k with matching employer investment is a very appealing benefit for your employees.
- Life Insurance: Group life insurance can be purchased at a rate far lower than one purchased individually. Providing this option for your employees is a benefit that helps to attract and retain the best talent in your industry.
- Long Term Care Insurance: This benefit helps your employees know that no matter what happens in the future, they will be cared for. Long-term care insurance is particularly appreciated in businesses with a higher risk of injury. These benefits also bring tax incentives for the employer.
- Cafeteria Plans: A “cafeteria plan” is just what it sounds like – your employees can browse the offerings and choose what they want. These plans allow for personal customization, and employees can select the coverage and benefits that suit their individual needs and budget.
- Educational Assistance Programs: Employer-sponsored educational programs can provide employees with the ability to advance their skills and gain new degrees and certifications, greatly benefiting both the company and the employee.
If you are ready to craft a top-tier benefits package, you need the help of a group benefits professional who has access to the best plans available and can create the ideal package to suit your budget and attract and retain the stars in your industry.Filed Under: Group Benefits | Tagged With: Group Benefits